Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Favorite Poem for April 27th

Wild Animals
by Elma Tancica

I was in a forest
all alone
bright moonlight was showing me the way
steps of unknown animal were written
in a snow
I felt no fear
music was playing in my ears
I tried to dance
but the snow was too deep
so I kept on walking
eyes of a wolf were looking at me
with some strange warmth
he heard my music
he felt my pain
I saw his wild eyes as he was coming closer
he jumped inside my brain
we were the same
not scared, not surprised
running away from humans
finding the answers in a moonlight
snow wasn't untouched when we left
we made a circle while changing our bodies
than we went each following our own way
I went deep into a forest
he went into a worm house among humans
we were still the same
free and wild





This poem is brought to you all the way from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina , via myspace c/o Terry Gresham.

1 comment:

  1. I like where the wild animal and the author become one in mind. The line "Snow wasn't untouched when we left" well, that is a darn good line.

    ReplyDelete